nv-l

Re: Utilization

1998-08-04 08:22:44
Subject: Re: Utilization
From: "Brook, Bryan S" <bryan.s.brook AT LMCO DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:22:44 -0400
First it sounds like you are collecting octets and out octets.  These arent
expressed as a percentage.  Assuming you are using these MIB variables in
some type of expression, a full duplex circuit could give you "utilization"
greater than 100%.  A T1 gives you 1.544E6 bps in BOTH directions.  Try
setting up 2 collections (in and out) for this link.

I hope this helps.  I didnt fully understand the question.

Bryan