nv-l

NetView forwarding to multiple TEC servers

1998-07-29 11:42:44
Subject: NetView forwarding to multiple TEC servers
From: Ken Guettler <Ken.Guettler AT MARYVILLE DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:42:44 -0500
I have an environment with where NetView is forwarding some events to a
TEC server for display and correlation processing.  The environment also
has a backup TEC server.   We would like to send the events to both TEC
servers at the same time but have not been able to find a way to do
this.  Development has indicated this should be possible with the
tecint.conf file but this did not work.  Has anyone found a workaround
for this.  If not, any good suggestions on how to determine when the
primary TEC goes away and automatically switch to the backup TEC server
from NetView?

Just to complicate matters we also have a backup NetView Server which we
would like to get into the mix eventually.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments.

Ken

Maryville Data Systems of Illinois
One Pierce Place   Suite 475W