nv-l

Re: ESE.automation

1998-07-27 09:22:58
Subject: Re: ESE.automation
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:22:58 -0400
Rulesets in ESE.automation are loaded by actionsvr, not by ovactiond.
ovactiond has nothing to do with rulesets; he's the guy who executes
automatic actions from defined in Event Configuration (trapd.conf).

To get your rulesets reloaded after you put them in ESE.automation, do
ovstop actionsvr  and then   ovstart actionsvr when that completes.  You
should be able to see that your rulesets have been loaded or re-loaded by
browsing /usr/OV/log/nvaction.alog

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Greg Redder <redder AT yuma.ACNS.ColoState DOT EDU> on 07/24/98 05:58:52 PM

Please respond to "REDDER Gregory J." <redder AT yuma.ACNS.ColoState DOT EDU>