nv-l

Re: CiscoView Integration with NetView

1998-07-23 09:21:49
Subject: Re: CiscoView Integration with NetView
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:21:49 -0400
I think the answer was posted by Mark Sklenarik back in April :

Subject:  Re: CISCO-Works/View TME 10 NetView

The problem is with the passing of Cisco environment variables  through the
Tivoli Desktop  to NetView and then to Cisco when launching NetView from
within the desktop.
     Environment -> Tivioli Desktop -> NetView -> Cisco

Do a "env" on command line, you'll see all the environment variables that
Cisco had you add to your .ksh or .profile files.  These are not making it
to NetView when started from the Tivoli desktop.

If you look at the Tivoli TME 10 NetView " Start user interface" panel, you
will see a new addition for V5, "File containing environment (optional)".
Create a file with all the environments variables that are required by
applications that are launched from NetView in this file, .i.e. all the
Cisco variables.

Then launch NetView and try the Cisco menu items.

Thanks  Mark Sklenarik
Tivoli Verification - RTP

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber AT USAA DOT COM> on 07/22/98 05:34:56 PM

      NetView et alia <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>