nv-l

Firewall - routing tables.

1998-07-23 03:34:38
Subject: Firewall - routing tables.
From: "Kirsten S, Campbell" <Kirsten.Campbell AT NAUTEC.CWPLC DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 08:34:38 +0100
All,

     Have anyone got any experience on using address translation in
firewalls, and running Netview to monitor????

     Some one told me that although you do address translation, the routing
table was encaped in SNMP, and could therefore not be translated.

     How does Netview cope with this?  Will it try to link the objects of
one Network (addresses translated) with objects on other Networks (same
"real" addresses)??????

     And if so, how do I get around this?

     Thanks for your help.

                    Kirsten