nv-l

CiscoView Integration with NetView

1998-07-22 17:34:56
Subject: CiscoView Integration with NetView
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber AT USAA DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 16:34:56 -0500
I am having a problem launching CiscoView from the Monitor menu when the
NetView map is started from the Tivoli Desktop, i.e. Control --> Start User
Interface.  If I start the NetView map with the "netview" command, then
CiscoView starts just fine.  I know there are certain environment variables
that CiscoView requires to be set, e.g. NMSROOT.  I have added these
variables to the /usr/OV/bin/applsetup file so that they get set when the
NetView map is started.  Is it possible that applsetup is not run when the
map is started from the Tivoli Desktop?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Joel Gerber
Network Services - USAA