nv-l

Re: Netview Icons

1998-07-22 12:49:43
Subject: Re: Netview Icons
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:49:43 -0400
What Paul says below about how to edit icons is correct, but my sources
tell me that NetView did not ship a bitmap editor.  Rather, they say, we
provided a link to an AIX bitmap editor called "bitmap" which used to be in
/usr/bin/X11.
We stopped doing that when AIX made the installation of the editor
optional, I am told.  Perhaps someone else knows what you must install to
obtain the editor these days; I surely do not.  In any case, I am told that
any reputable bitmap editor should work, but the process is tedious as Paul
said.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Paul Sandler <PMSandler AT AOL DOT COM> on 07/16/98 09:33:15 PM

      NetView et alia <NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>