nv-l

monitoring a mib variable for changes from 0

1998-07-21 03:43:04
Subject: monitoring a mib variable for changes from 0
From: Christoph Legat <christoph.legat AT SIEMENS DOT AT>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:43:04 +0200
hello!

We are working with NetView V5R0 on an AIX system.

Within a data collection we are monitoring a mib variable for changes
from zero to somthing greater then zero. After this definition the
daemon snmpCollect dies every pollinterval. In the file snmpColl we
found the value to be monitored defined as "0,00000...". If we change
thid definition to "0", the daemon works properly.
Is this a known problem?

regards
Christoph

Christoph Legat
PSE IMB NSM4
Siemens AG Austria
Gudrunstr. 11
1101 Wien

phone: +43 1 1707 46995
fax: +43 1 1707 56659
mailto:christoph.legat AT siemens DOT at