nv-l

Network discovery & lost objects

1998-07-20 21:35:27
Subject: Network discovery & lost objects
From: Vynita Pretorius <vpretor AT FAST.CO DOT ZA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 20:35:27 -0500
-- [ From: Vynita Pretorius * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Hi

I have a couple of questions today.

Could anyone explain how Netview creates networks.
Does netview look at the IP address and submask and work out
how many devices will be in the Network.

A while back I posted a question regarding netowrks being discovered as
routers. Netview discovers the correct routers but does not create the
network and join them up. WHY ?

I have Segment 0 , 1 , 2  why are they being created ?

One of my server boxes is in the database , when issuing an ovtopdump
it appears however when I do a ovobjprint -s it lists the object but does
not mention a map. I have dumped all my maps and am unable to find this
object. How do I delete out of the database? This same server appeared
on this segment0 as I previously mentioned so I deleted it but it just came
back to the same segment so I deleted the segment.
Now I can't find the object.

When Netview  tries to discovers an object what does it do. ie.
a ping demandpoll ???.

Thanks in advance
Vynita P