nv-l

Host to AIX RISC/6000 at T1 speed.

1998-07-16 15:45:29
Subject: Host to AIX RISC/6000 at T1 speed.
From: Tom Moore <tom.moore AT SIRIUSCOM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 14:45:29 -0500
This is not a NetView AIX problem.  However, what I need may well be
implemented many NetView for AIX shops that use monitor SNA communications
with NetView .

Has anyone successfully connected your AIX IBM RISC/6000 using SNA to a
mainframe host at T1 speed.  If so, what solution did you use?  We are
trying to find many alternatives.  They may include but do not have to
limited by
     - Direct with a  RISC 6000 ARTIC card, although we want to move to PCI
bus RS6000 and I'm unaware
       of a card for this environment.
    -  Spoofer on the RISC/6000 remote side, that is T1 SDLC coming in and
converted to E-net or Token Ring..
    -  Spoofer on the Host side, although the host side in our situation
must remain as a SDLC communication
        connection.  Thus I would still have a box like above SDLC to E-net
or Token-RIng then routed T1 to the
        RS6000 site.

Please forward any response directly to me at tom.moore AT siriuscom DOT com,
since cluttering the NetView forum with this specific problem is not
desirable.  If you will include a phone number for contacting you directly
it would be desirable.