nv-l

Re: removing old netview software...

1998-07-10 20:29:33
Subject: Re: removing old netview software...
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc AT IBM DOT NET>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 20:29:33 -0400
Check to see what level of bos.rte.shell you have installed.  A ptf to
AIX installed a replacement for this that breaks the "yes" command
that's used throughout the install and deinstall of these products.  To
fix this, you need at least bos.rte.shell.4.2.1.10.  This should fix it.
Try running 'installp -C' to correct the breakage and try again.  If the
mgtapptran smit menus for removing code are gone (after the partial
deinstall), just use smit->install to do it.  Make sure that the
/usr/lpp/mgtapptran/bin/R82xxs10 files for these appls are gone
afterwards, and the /usr/lpp/mgtapptran/db/admin/R82xx directories as
well.

Hope this helps.