nv-l

Re: Attribute Values

1998-07-10 11:12:15
Subject: Re: Attribute Values
From: Scott Wilson <swilson AT RPM DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 11:12:15 -0400
Using $* will print all of the 1-50 variables (all that are used that
is). As they vary by vendor trap, it is probably not documented anywhere
in the NetView documentation.

HTH,

Scott

Don_Franklin/Systems/Central/SunLife AT SUNLIFEOFCANADA DOT COM wrote:

>      We are trying to use the Ruleset Editor to limit broadcasts. Among the
> attribute values we encounter are Severity, Category, Source, etc. Then it
> comes to Community Name, and "1 - 50" which is our problem area. The
> documentation that we have defines that value as "Trap variable which
> varies by enterprise or trap". This does not help us. Only by luck we
> discovered that 2 is the hostname.
>      Where do we look to find out what the other 49 variables represent? If
> it is undocumented (as opposed to us being simply unable to find the
> infomation) how do we get the variables to display somewhere so that we can
> then search the string for keywords?
>      Thanks
> Don Franklin (Sun Life)

Scott Wilson                         Email: swilson AT rpm DOT com
Network Management Consultant        Pager: 800-506-7348
RPM Consulting, Inc.