nv-l

Security & hiding menus

1998-07-09 22:13:23
Subject: Security & hiding menus
From: Vynita Pretorius <vpretor AT FAST.CO DOT ZA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 21:13:23 -0500
-- [ From: Vynita Pretorius * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Hi all

I have read somewhere that under version 4.1 Netview/AIX & AIX 4.1.5 that if
an individual logs
on they don't go through AIX but straight to Netview MAP, On that Netview
map
only items that you want the individual to have will be available.
My User must not be able to see my whole net work just his specific routers.
He must not be able to change anything just view, and also no be able to get
into an AIX / Unix shell. If he exits File -> Exit he quits out the machine.

Can I do this and on what versions of software ?
how do I do it and is their a redbook that I can refer to?.

Thanks
Vynita P