nv-l

Re: SNMP on NT

1998-07-09 11:48:32
Subject: Re: SNMP on NT
From: Cheryl Krupczak <cheryl AT EMPIRETECH DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:48:32 -0400
Jeremy wrote:

>I was sure that MIB-II provided some elementary statistics on CPU and
>filesystem usage, but having get'ted the whole of an NT SNMP agent's
>MIB-II tree, I can't seem to find them!
>
>I thought maybe the leaves that provided this information were:-
>
>   .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.host.hrSystem, and
>   .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.host.hrStorage
>
>But no data is returned from here!
>
>Can anyone help?

  Those leaves are actually part of the Host Resources MIB,
  RFC 1514.  While the Host MIB is UNDER the MIB-2 branch,
  it is not part of the MIB-2 defined in RFC 1213.

  Empire's SystemEDGE agent, available for NT, DOES support
  the Host Resources MIB.  If you queried an NT system with
  the SystemEDGE agent installed as a sub-agent under Microsoft's
  master snmp agent, you would have gotten back values.

>Thanks,
>
>Jeremy.

> Jeremy Worrell (CS), IBM UK Ltd.                Int. 7-449759
> NT Technical Platform Development      Ext. +44 (1438) 769759

+ Check us out!  http://www.empiretech.com                           +
+ Cheryl Krupczak                          Empire Technologies, Inc. +
+ cheryl AT empiretech DOT com                    541 Tenth Street NW       +
+ PH : +1 (770)384-0184                    Suite 169                 +
+ FAX: +1 (770)384-0183                    Atlanta, GA 30318         +