nv-l

Re: What determines object name for dual interface machine?

1998-07-08 12:57:27
Subject: Re: What determines object name for dual interface machine?
From: James_Shanks AT TIVOLI DOT COM
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 12:57:27 -0400
You cannot add an object to a collection if it doesn't exist in the
database by that name.  So discovery is at the root of your problem.  To
guarantee that an object is discovered by a particular interface, you are
correct that you will have to have an entry in the seedfile.

ovstop netmon, add that interface to the seedfile, locate the cuurent
obejct on the map and delete it from all submaps (which will remove it from
the database), then ovstart netmon and wait for it to be re-discovered.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

bryan.s.brook AT LMCO DOT COM on 07/06/98 08:13:52 AM

Please respond to NV-L AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU