nv-l

Tivoli Framework/NetView Deinstall

1998-07-08 10:35:20
Subject: Tivoli Framework/NetView Deinstall
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber AT USAA DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 09:35:20 -0500
I am having a problem with one of our NetView servers.  The Tivoli Managed
Node for the server was deleted on the TMR.  NetView was functioning OK, but
the Tivoli Desktop could not be used to control and configure NetView on
this server.  We decided to reinstall the Tivoli Framework AND NetView.
Before reinstalling NetView, I ran the '/usr/OV/bin/nv6000_smit zap_proc" to
remove the NetView product.  When I installed the NetView Server package
from the Tivoli Desktop, I got an error when the "architecture specific
Server database" was being installed.  The Product Install window just had
the message "something went wrong".  I checked all of the log files in /tmp,
and could not find any more specific error message.  I suspect a problem
with NetView or Framework not being totally deinstalled.  Has anyone
experienced this before, or have any specific advice for reinstalling these
products?

Thanks in advance!

Joel Gerber
Network Services - USAA