nv-l

Re: no access to maps through web-Interface

1998-07-02 11:05:10
Subject: Re: no access to maps through web-Interface
From: Michael Seibold PTS/M-SW <mseibold AT STR.DAIMLER-BENZ DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 17:05:10 +0200
Rick,

thanks for the tip, it showed me the right way. The readme says:

Apparently, ovw must be run by root in order to view maps.

To be true, I had root running with the default-map open, but read/write
was owned by our user "nvadmin".

The documentation should be as follows:

Apparently, ovw must be run by root with read/write access in order to
view maps.

As our unix-boxes are administered by another departement, we normally
have no root-access, so we changed everything we could to user nvadmin.
Root is only required to start/stop the daemons. It's a pitty, but we
can't use the web Interface because of this "feature". Hope this will be
changed some day.

Thanks a lot

Michael

--
| debis Systemhaus GmbH   . Internet:                     |
| CCS-Produktion PTS/M-SW . mseibold AT str.daimler-benz DOT com |
| Michael Seibold         .                               |
| Mercedesstrasse 136     . Phone: +49 711 17 5 55 19     |
| D-70322 Stuttgart       . Fax:   +49 711 17 5 69 66     |
| Germany                 .                               |