nv-l

Re: Problems adding Gateway device to map

1998-06-25 05:49:04
Subject: Re: Problems adding Gateway device to map
From: Michael Seibold PTS/M-SW <mseibold AT STR.DAIMLER-BENZ DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 11:49:04 +0200
Hi Bryan,

we also add from time to time objects manually and had the same
problems. If the object has only one IP-Adress, like a dialin-Router
(with only modems on the other side), it will disappear from the
IP-Internet-Map, because it's no longer recognized as an router, but it
is still in one of the Segment-Submaps.

Another problem may be that the ip-address of your new object is already
in the database, by example if you take the address from another router
to the new one. In this case you must be certain that the address is
taken off from the "old" object, check it by example per demand poll or
ovtopodump and grep for the ip-address. If the address of the new object
is already in the database, you will get the described problems with
vanishing objects.

Greetings

Michael