nv-l

Re: APPN Mibs

1998-06-19 20:08:16
Subject: Re: APPN Mibs
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber AT USAA DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 19:08:16 -0500
Some of the APPN MIBs are not proprietary to IBM, so you will find them
under the mib-2 MIB.  We just loaded the APPN MIB from RFC2155, and it is at
.iso.org.did.internet.mgmt.mib-2.snanauMIB.appnMIB, or .1.3.6.1.2.1.34.4

We had lots of problems getting the MIB loaded as SNMPv2, the worst being
that the data collector, snmpCollect, does not support any MIBs you load in
the v2 MIB database.  We have a problem open with Tivoli now trying to get
that resolved.  I would encourage you to contact Tivoli support also, so
they provide that functionality.  We ended up getting MIB files that had
been converted to SNMPv1, and loaded them.  Cisco was gracious enough to
convert the MIB files for us; they also have many SNMPv2 MIB files on their
web site that have already been converted to SNMPv1 format.