nv-l

Status not changing

1998-06-15 20:40:51
Subject: Status not changing
From: Vynita Pretorius <vpretor AT FAST.CO DOT ZA>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 19:40:51 -0500
-- [ From: Vynita Pretorius * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Hi all

We are running Netview aix 4.1 and have the following problem
a router with a loopback address appears on the map as red with all
interfaces as being down. I did an ovtopodump of the router and the
status was UP. I stopped and restarted all the netview Deamons
and this did not change anything. Eventually I unmanaged the device, re
managed the device and it went green.Before stopping the netview daemons
I did a couple of demand polls but it did not change.
Could anybody tell me why this happened and how do I rectify it ?

Thanks
Vynita P