nv-l

Check the comunication beetween Netview and Host

1998-06-13 07:03:24
Subject: Check the comunication beetween Netview and Host
From: Luis Romero Huerta <koldor AT JET DOT ES>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 11:03:24 +0000
Hi all

We have to automatize the event "node down" for a collection of
Servers. Normally it isn't a problems for us. We can create a simple
ruleset to do it. But.... there are 2 big problems that we found.

1) If we have to certificate that the node is really down, we have to
use the ruleset function "check connection". But it works only with
snmp nodes with a community. If you have a TCP/IP node without
snmp, this control don't works well. Do you know another method
to do it?

2) The only method we've find to utomate the node down event
for a node collection is create a shelll with the list of the node
collection. Do you know another method to do it?.

Thanks for all

                                          Luis

Luis Romero Huerta
Michelin Spain Telecom Dept