nv-l

Re: Receiving traps from UM link

1998-06-11 11:36:27
Subject: Re: Receiving traps from UM link
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles AT INTEL DOT COM>
To: nv-l AT lists.tivoli DOT com
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 08:36:27 -0700
Read the man-pages for the utility xnmtrap.  This utility is how
you make NetView aware of a particular trap.

You'd think that if you loaded the MIBs that it might parse out
the "TRAP-TYPE"  keywords and load the traps, but this is
not the case.  You have to use "addtrap" or xnmtrap, and
load each trap manually.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gary Boyles             gary.p.boyles AT intel DOT com