Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] License needed for VMware Backups

2017-08-15 12:48:20
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] License needed for VMware Backups
From: "Lightner, Jeffrey" <JLightner AT dsservices DOT com>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver.external AT airbus DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 16:48:14 +0000
A couple of years ago our sales person told us for each Hypervisor we need
"Enterprise Client" licenses.   Our Hypervisors are MS Hyper-V rather than
VMWare but I'd assume the same was true for VMWare hypervisors.

Symantec sold off Veritas including NetBackup last year and the licensing
renewal was a bit muddier this last go round vbut someone else here did it so I
don't have details.

My recollection is that 2 socket machines were tier 1and more than 2 sockets
was tier 2.