Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Is the veritas-bu list still alive?

2017-05-30 10:38:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is the veritas-bu list still alive?
From: "DRAKE, MICHAEL" <md6270 AT att DOT com>
To: Saran Brar <nbuser AT rediffmail DOT com>, "W. Curtis Preston" <wcurtispreston AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 14:37:38 +0000

I am thinking a couple of things may have happened.

1              First, the keeper of this may have moved on thus resulting in an obsolete and eventually unmonitored and closed off email distro list.

2              Secondary thoughts are companies may have drifted away from using backup software in general or the interest in having a dedicated person for backup has dropped considerably with VMware and cloud technologies such as AWS and Microsoft Azure making tape backup strategies an obsolete thought in those companies IT leadership minds.

Mike Drake, 6σGB

TP&E Data Core Engineering Group

5600 Glenridge Drive

Atlanta, GA 30342