Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] HP Data Protector vs Veritas Net Backup

2015-12-21 17:56:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HP Data Protector vs Veritas Net Backup
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT dsservices DOT com>
To: Scott Jacobson <Scott.Jacobson AT microfocus DOT com>, Joe Liston <joeliston AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 22:56:32 +0000

What is it NBU can put in their DB policies (software) to make their appliances (hardware) work without RMAN that they couldn’t also have put in to make anyone else’s appliances (or tape for that matter) work?   Given you’re spending a fair amount of money on NBU software licenses it seems their shouldn’t be a requirement to use their hardware as well.