Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] HP Data Protector vs Veritas Net Backup

2015-12-07 09:04:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HP Data Protector vs Veritas Net Backup
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT dsservices DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 14:04:29 +0000

I’d strongly suggest not making decisions today based on what vendors tell you they “will be able to do” in the future.   This is called vaporware because even if the vendor truly has plans to make it so the day they tell you about it, more often than not, it does not happen on the timeline they say and frequently not at all.    Planning should be based on what is actually available in vendor products the day you order them rather than future “updates”.