Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore SAN media server data file to another media server

2015-07-15 13:25:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore SAN media server data file to another media server
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT dsservices DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 17:24:58 +0000
On the master server modify the bp.conf  (usually in /usr/openv/netbackup on
Linux and UNIX) add a line:
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = <original_media_server> <target_media_server>

Run "bpadm" from command line.
Choose g) Global Configuration from first menu
Choose m) Modify Configuration... from next menu
Choose d) Notify request daemon from final menu.
(Hit q on each menu to exit back out).
This  makes the change you did take effect.

In your restore set the source to the original media server and the destination
to the target media server.   It should start the restore using the target
server as the media server.   (Note the setting for source and target in the
GUI is just the clients not the media servers which is why you have to do the
bp.conf modification to change media server.  Your target media server is NOT a
client on the source media server which is why it can't connect when you don't
also change media server.)

Don't forget to comment out the FORCE...  and run the bpadm when you're done to
return to original configuration.

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Sr. UNIX/Linux Administrator

DS Services of America, Inc.