Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Changing Windows master to Linux master

2015-04-29 12:29:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Changing Windows master to Linux master
From: scott.george AT parker DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:29:53 -0400
If it is possible, I would run 2 parallel environments, one being your existing and the other being the new with your linux master.  Start backing up to the new and keep the old around until all of your backup images expire.  I went from an AIX master to Linux which is entirely doable without all of the professional services hubub, but it was easier to me to just migrate to the new through attrition.

The one caveat is you cannot share a media server between the two master servers.  If you have only a single tape subsystem that cannot be shared between two hosts, that will limit your options.