Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1 - Windows Slow duplication Tape to Tape

2015-01-29 06:04:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1 - Windows Slow duplication Tape to Tape
From: Bluejay Adametz <bluejay AT fujifilm DOT com>
To: Veritas List <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 06:04:37 -0500
> I first backup to tape and that is multiplexing so lots of jobs run at the
> same time. Then, I start duplication from the current tapes to new tapes. For
> some of the server images, it goes pretty quickly and I can actually watch
> the file size go up as it duplicates.

Are you specifying -mpx on your bpduplicate? If you don't, the backups
will be "de-multiplexed" on the copies, which mean it will have to go
through the original tapes several times to pick out each backup image
individually. If you use -mpx, it'll grab all the backup images in one
pass and leave them multiplexed on the copies.

                                                         - Bluejay Adametz

"Imagine that you are funded by the Universe, because you are."
                                - Burt Goldman

--
NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the
information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.  If