Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Administration Console via putty tunnel

2014-11-24 03:13:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Administration Console via putty tunnel
From: richarn <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 00:13:11 -0800
Jeff .  Thanks for your reply.  The Netbackup Administration Console I am
trying to get to work is the one this you can install on a windows machine.  It
is run from the start menu in windows.  I am o.k with the jnbSA  , X window
method and use this regularly using putty X forwarding.  I believe there are
some administration advantages in using the windows admin program but am
struggling to use it via putty.

I am trying to use the Netbackup Administration Console as I believe it has
certain advantages over the jnbSA jave interface. There are fire walls between
my Windows machine where I want to run Administration Console and the redhat
server which is the netbackup master server. To this end I have been trying to
use putty tunnelling opening up ports 1556 13724 and 13782. I have heard on
this forum that this is possible but I cannot get it to work. It would be great
if someone could give me some information on how to do this.
Thanks
Nigel