Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7.1 to 7.5 differences.

2014-09-11 03:40:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 7.1 to 7.5 differences.
From: Michael Graff Andersen <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:39:56 +0200
If it is an RMAN backup, I think you can still extract the backup file sets with tar,
of cause you then need to restore these file sets with RMAN

If it was an RMAN backup tar probably won’t help.    RMAN backups are controlled by a repository on the Oracle side so what you see as file list in the backup isn’t really a file but rather something that make sense to that repository.

I was saying if it is NOT an RMAN backup tar might help.   Note the tar I’m talking about is a modified GNU tar that comes with NetBackup.