Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Need to move tape images from 7.1 master to 7.5 master

2014-06-06 11:19:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Need to move tape images from 7.1 master to 7.5 master
From: tburrell <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 08:19:30 -0700
"...I now have the need to move the remaining tape images from the 7.1 catalog
to the 7.5 catalog."

If you can partition the Scalar (sorry- not familiar with that hardware) you
could look into doing an AIR- which would mean copying the images too. Almost
as annoying as re-scanning the tapes, but maybe a little less labor-intensive
depending on your setup.

Otherwise you are into Symantec Professional Services territory. Outside of AIR
there is no supported way for customers to merge two catalogs. I've recently
looked into this as well, and its just not supported.

Not to say someone out there couldn't give you a home-baked method- but don't
ask Symantec to help you out if things go sideways there. You have to pay
Symantec to do the merge.

Tom Burrell