Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can see tape drives via the gui but can't see them via command line using vmoprcmd. Why??

2014-03-25 11:36:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can see tape drives via the gui but can't see them via command line using vmoprcmd. Why??
From: "BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:36:52 -0400

NBU 6.1 running on Linux, multiple media servers using a Data Domain VTL.

We are migrating from one Data Domain VTL to another.  We have both defined to NetBackup and can do backups to either.  I can see both VTL’s (robots & tape drives) in the gui.  When I run the vmoprcmd command on the command line of the master server I only see the original VTL, robot and drives, nothing for the new VTL.  This makes no sense to me as I’ve currently downed all the tape drives on the original VTL and am doing all my backups on the new VTL.  Anyone have any idea why I can’t see the new VTL via the command line but can see everything in the gui?

Thanks

Wayne BeDour

Unix System Administrator

PH: 248-447-1739

Internet: wbedour AT lear DOT com

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.