Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup logs

2014-03-19 07:34:01
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup logs
From: Alfredo De Luca <alfredo.deluca AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bluejay Adametz <bluejay AT fujifilm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 22:17:28 +1100
Thanks but not have time to restore and also they asking for multiple checks for different days.

Any other idea?

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:05 PM, Bluejay Adametz <bluejay AT fujifilm DOT com> wrote:
> how and where can I check if an old backup went well. What we seems to have
> is the last 2 months where we can check such a thing but we've been asked to
> produce evidence of an old backup (older than 6 months) went well.

You could restore it somewhere and see if all the data is there
(really, that's the best way to verify a backup). Or you could run
bpverify on it.

                                                         - Bluejay Adametz

Definition: Unipea n. A peanut with only one compartment.

--

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all attachments, and any copies thereof.

--
Alfredo