Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN Recovery issue and Netbackup 7.1.0.2

2013-12-13 09:50:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN Recovery issue and Netbackup 7.1.0.2
From: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "'Rusty Major'" <rusty.major AT sungard DOT com>, "'VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU'" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:50:51 -0500

Hi,

Rusty is correct, typically in the run {} block for Oracle/RMAN you would want something like:

allocate channel ch1 type 'sbt_tape';

allocate channel ch2 type 'sbt_tape';

allocate channel ch3 type 'sbt_tape';

allocate channel ch4 type 'sbt_tape';

[ .. ]

To ensure that Oracle/RMAN will start N number of restore jobs with NetBackup to pull the data.

Justin.