Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RMAN Recovery issue and Netbackup 7.1.0.2

2013-12-13 09:46:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RMAN Recovery issue and Netbackup 7.1.0.2
From: Dennis Peacock <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 06:46:02 -0800
OK...please help me out here if you can.

Client RMAN backup ran on client server corvette via master server stingray.
Tapes were removed and shipped to another location for RMAN recovery.
Backup was done via allocating 6 channels.
Recovery is only using 3 channels. Why?
All boxes are Netbackup 7.1x and Linux RedHat.
DBA is screaming that it's a Netbackup issue....and I can't figure out why this
is a Netbackup issue.

Can you help me understand more about RMAN backup/recovery and Netbackup???
Please????