Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can I upgrade from 6.5 directly to 7.5 or 7.1?

2013-12-06 14:11:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can I upgrade from 6.5 directly to 7.5 or 7.1?
From: Bluejay Adametz <bluejay AT fujifilm DOT com>
To: "BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 14:10:59 -0500
> We are currently running NBU 6.5.2 on HPUX and Linux we’re finally getting
> things aligned to start an upgrade the first part of next year.  Can I
> upgrade from 6.5 enterprise manager directly to 7.1 or 7.5 or do I have to go
> to 7.0 and up from there?

I went directly from NetBackup Enterprise 6.5.6 to 7.5, then 7.5.0.3,
with no damage, and still running fine over a year later. I have some
clients running 4.7, 5.1, and 6.5, and they still work.

                                                         - Bluejay Adametz

Some jump to conclusions while others dig for facts.

--

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information,