Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 7.5.0.5 - Media server won't write to tape

2013-11-11 20:49:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 7.5.0.5 - Media server won't write to tape
From: Dennis Peacock <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:48:56 -0800
AIX 7.1 boxes.
Node A - Master/Media server with fiber attached LTO-5 library.
Node B - Media server/client with tape drives  in the Node-A library zoned so
Node B can see the drives.

Setup a regular flat file type backup for Node B and tell the policy to use
Node B as the media server. Kick off the backup and the job starts but sits
there "Mounting" for hours. I kill it...cycle Netbackup on both the
client/media server and the Master/Media. I check bp.conf file, I check
tpconfig, I check a bunch of stuff and no such luck.
This is a new setup, master/media server works and runs perfectly. Node B and
Node C work perfectly as long as they are not set to use themselves as the
media server.

What am I missing?