Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] HP ESL G3 Tape Library Barcode Issues

2013-11-05 17:09:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HP ESL G3 Tape Library Barcode Issues
From: "Stier, Matthew" <Matthew.Stier AT us.fujitsu DOT com>
To: Simon Weaver <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 22:09:49 +0000

However, you are short changing yourself.

With using the last 6 characters, you are throwing two away two, and limiting yourself to 4 unique characters.

The last two characters signify the type of tape. (In this instance an L(TO)5.)

Using the settings as they were, the system was ignoring the tape type, and providing a full six tapes for identification.