Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] HP ESL G3 Tape Library Barcode Issues

2013-11-05 10:36:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HP ESL G3 Tape Library Barcode Issues
From: Simon Weaver <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>
To: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>, "Stier, Matthew" <Matthew.Stier AT us.fujitsu DOT com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 15:36:20 +0000
Hi Len
Thanks. I sort of get this, but this is what I have done:

Deleted the one tape from the Robot in NetBackup. So in essence it knows nothing about the Media ID
Gone to the Robot TLD(1) and inventory, Advanced Options.
Next, I went to Media ID Generation, Specify Robot 1, Barcode length 8 and Generation Rule 3:4:5:6:7:8
Then run the update configuration, but it still shows just the first 6 characters of the Barcode.

Simon