Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Clustered Master Server issues with 7.5.0.4 and Solaris 10

2013-10-15 19:31:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Clustered Master Server issues with 7.5.0.4 and Solaris 10
From: "Valenze, Chris" <chris AT batechp DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 19:31:18 -0400
Do you have any media servers that are down or were incorrectly decommissioned.  I've seen that behavior at my site.  Once we cleaned them up, the Device Wizard started working.

Chris V.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 1:31 PM, tburrell <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
"The cluster in question is still running backups, but there are a lot of unprocessed changes to the tape drives and libraries I want to clean up- but I can't get the Device WIzard to work- in fact none of the device management components in the GUI are working-they just spin- for over 3 hours before the Java GUI just shuts down. "

After a cluster failover/failback, the Windows admin console now works with all device management pieces. Java GUI is still broken, but I at least have a workaround to clean up my devices.

Chris Valenze
BlackArrow
410-935-1397