Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Clustered Master Server issues with 7.5.0.4 and Solaris 10

2013-10-14 13:31:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Clustered Master Server issues with 7.5.0.4 and Solaris 10
From: tburrell <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 10:31:13 -0700
"The cluster in question is still running backups, but there are a lot of
unprocessed changes to the tape drives and libraries I want to clean up- but I
can't get the Device WIzard to work- in fact none of the device management
components in the GUI are working-they just spin- for over 3 hours before the
Java GUI just shuts down. "

After a cluster failover/failback, the Windows admin console now works with all
device management pieces. Java GUI is still broken, but I at least have a
workaround to clean up my devices.