Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 100% disk to disk

2013-10-02 03:01:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 100% disk to disk
From: Nikos Apostolou <nia AT pronet DOT ms>
To: Harpreet Singh Chana <harpreetrajan AT gmail DOT com>, "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 07:01:31 +0000

Good question…

In our case where we use DataDomain and VTL drives, when you run the bpexpdate the only thing happens is that the images on tape are marked as expired.

The files (or the tape) will not be deleted until a bplabel command is started or the tape is being overwritten.

I do not know what happens in case of pure disk backup. The image files is being deleted after bpexpdate command?

If someone knows or can try, let us know.

Regards,

Nikos Apostolou