Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Is Support for NetBackup AIR coming to Data Domain ?

2013-09-17 11:09:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is Support for NetBackup AIR coming to Data Domain ?
From: Bahadir Kiziltan <bahadir.kiziltan AT gmail DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 18:09:03 +0300
NBU 7.6 will support AIR on DD.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:09 PM, mdglazerman <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
Does anyone have any insight into if and when support for AIR on Data Domain will be coming ?

I have found documents on the Data Domain support site regarding troubleshooting of AIR installations with Data Domain (Data Domain Restorer and NetBackup – Auto Image Replication Troubleshooting Guide) but I don't see anything in the compatability matricies explicitly stating Auto Image Replication is supported on any DDOS releases.

Symantec doesn't say that AIR isn't supported, instead pointing me to vendor documentation for information 3rd party Open Storage devices (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH154323).

Does anyone have any more solid information on this ?

Thanks

Mark