Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is Support for NetBackup AIR coming to Data Domain ?

2013-09-13 14:09:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is Support for NetBackup AIR coming to Data Domain ?
From: mdglazerman <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:09:23 -0700
Does anyone have any insight into if and when support for AIR on Data Domain
will be coming ?

I have found documents on the Data Domain support site regarding
troubleshooting of AIR installations with Data Domain (Data Domain Restorer and
NetBackup ? Auto Image Replication Troubleshooting Guide) but I don't see
anything in the compatability matricies explicitly stating Auto Image
Replication is supported on any DDOS releases.

Symantec doesn't say that AIR isn't supported, instead pointing me to vendor
documentation for information 3rd party Open Storage devices
(http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH154323).

Does anyone have any more solid information on this ?

Thanks

Mark