Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to identity Status of a backup using Netbackup CLI ?

2013-08-22 10:49:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to identity Status of a backup using Netbackup CLI ?
From: vengateshs <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 05:13:29 -0700
I launch 'bpbackup' command in my program and it just gives the return code.
There is no way to know the corresponding JobId.

Before I launch the next backup, I want to check the status of the Previous
backup and make some decision.

'bpimagelist' command can be used with 'keyword' as filter so that I can search
my backup job uniquely. Problem is, it only lists the Successful backups.

'bpdbjobs' command can be used to list out all jobs (successful, failed, in
progress) but there is no way to uniquely find the backup job because it does
not support filtering the result with 'keyword' attribute.

Any help is highly appreciated.