Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Converting standard client to a media server

2013-08-20 14:57:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Converting standard client to a media server
From: Rusty Major <rusty.major AT sungard DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 13:57:12 -0500
Here are some more suggestions (Also suggested by Justin, but I didn't see a response):

vmglob -get_gdbhost or tpautoconf -get_gdbhost

From your master, and it should return your master (assuming it is the gdbhost). You can also try running it from your new media server, but I expect that won't return anything.

On your new media, try running vmglob -set_gdbhost <master>
or
tpautoconf -set_gdbhost <master>

You could also try to run vmglob -listall on the Master and check it for any problems. You can try running it from the new Media server, but I would again expect that not to run.

Does VM.CONF look right?

Don't you guys have a support contract? ;)

-Rusty