Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Converting standard client to a media server

2013-08-20 14:05:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Converting standard client to a media server
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT water DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:04:58 +0000
Have you tried the steps in this technote?
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH180055'

That status message makes it look like it doesn't know where the EMM (which is
DB) server is.

In your prior post of client (presumably you meant media server) bp.conf you
listed:
SERVER = MasterServerName
SERVER = ClientServerName_FQDN
CLIENT_NAME = ClientServerName_FQDN
CONNECT_OPTIONS = localhost 1 0 2
USE_VXSS = PROHIBITED
VXSS_SERVICE_TYPE = INTEGRITYANDCONFIDENTIALITY EMMSERVER = MasterServerName
HOST_CACHE_TTL = 3600 TELEMETRY_UPLOAD = NO

Are the EMMSERVER and HOST_CACHE_TTL on separate lines from the rest of the
output or are they as I see the mall together with the VXSS_SERVICE_TYPE line?
 If they are all one line you need to separate them into 3 separate lines.