Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Antwort: Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 87, Issue 3

2013-07-15 06:48:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Antwort: Veritas-bu Digest, Vol 87, Issue 3
From: Jørgen Hysvær Langgåt <jorgenhl AT gmail DOT com>
To: Thomas.Schulz AT cortalconsors DOT de
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:46:32 +0200

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:45 PM, <Thomas.Schulz AT cortalconsors DOT de> wrote:
But ext4 supports only 16TB filesystems :-(
How do you solved this problem?
-> Is there a way to foist the MSDP Pool  multiple file systems? - I think the MSDP Pool needs a single Filesystem.
-> Do you use Redhat Linux filesystems >16TB ?
- >> If yes, which file system you use?

Hi

MSDP does indeed need a single file system. I solved it with vxfs on the volumes in question.

You can also get XFS from Redhat for larger filesystems, but I ended up using vxfs since we have it included in our bundled deal with Symantec.

Kind regards,
Jørgen Langgåt