Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Post upgrade 7.5.0.5 issues?

2013-06-16 10:54:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Post upgrade 7.5.0.5 issues?
From: Anurag Sharma <sharma.anurag AT hotmail DOT com>
To: David Stanaway <david AT stanaway DOT net>, veritas-bu <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 20:24:03 +0530
David,

Wait for 7.6 if you want to implement all features of 5.1
or else
update to 7.5.0.5 with esx 5.0.

The key to understand here is this vmware may come with updates every now and then however it takes some time for symantec to release compatible binaries for the same.

In my opinion waiting for 7.6 is better before implementing 5.1 as the VDDK for 5.1 is not stable and has backup issues this has been accepted by VMware.

Anurag